I hate to post another blog about I'M Kids Food and give CFN Followers the belief that this blog is all about I'M Kids Food. But lets face it, the ground is covered is this cold, white stuff so there is not alot of gardening going on right now! And I wanted to make sure you all know about this Mural Project that is taking place for MLK Day of Service!
What we NEED:
Ideas for a colorful and inspiring large-scale mural in our operational facility.Who we ARE:
I'M Kids Food is a brand new children's feeding program, committed to ending childhood hunger by providing 500 healthy sack dinners Monday-Friday to food insecure children in Ionia and Montcalm Counties.Mural Contest Guidelines:
If you have an idea for a mural in our small gymnasium at I'M Kids Food, a mural that our community will enjoy for years to come, please email imkidsfood@gmail.com your sketch by January 2, 2014.Keep in mind the mission of our organization and nature of our program, we are looking for something bright and inspiring for our daily volunteers to enjoy while preparing 500 daily meals.
If your entry is selected, high school students will assist in painting the mural AND your design will be featured on WOTV with Jordan Carson!
Holiday Fun:
So while your enjoying your family time this holiday season, take some time with your kids to get out the art supplies and see who can come up with the most creative mural design. Choose your favorite to email to imkidsfood@gmail.com OR submit them all! And watch for a design to be selected after New Year's!

No comments:
Post a Comment