Wednesday, December 11, 2013

I'M Kids Food - Essay Contest


I'M Kids Food   -  Essay Contest

I’M Kids Food is a brand new feeding program committed to ending childhood hunger in Ionia and Montcalm Counties by providing sack suppers to children 5 days a week. Childhood hunger is an epidemic affecting over 16 million children in this country. Here in Ionia and Montcalm counties there are over 7,600 food insecure children.

The I’M Kids Food Essay Contest, entitled “What Does Hunger Look Like?, encourages students to write about what hunger looks like in their community or through their eyes. This contest is open to both Ionia and Montcalm county students. Essays should be no longer than 750 words.

There are three award divisions:
Grades 3-5 (ages 8-11)
Grades 6-8 (ages 12-14)
Grades 9-12 (15-18) 

Rules:
  • Essays will be judged on adherence to the topic, organization, interest, originality, spelling, grammar, punctuation and neatness.
  • One winner will be chosen in each grade/age group. 
  • The winning student will be awarded a $10 McDonalds gift card and his or her teacher will receive a $25.00 gift card. 
  • In addition winning essays may be published.
  • Only one entry per student. 
  •  Essay must be sent in no later than December 31, 201 3.
All entries become the property of I’M Kids Food and will not be place winners will be notified by January 10, 2014.


Submit entries electronically to: imkidsfood@gmail.com or submit entries by mail to:


I'M Kids Food
2191 Harwood Road
Ionia, MI 48846

No comments:

Post a Comment