Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Cabbage


Cabbage is wonderful! Especially this time of year when most stores have it on sale for less than twenty cents/pound for St. Patrick's Day. I personally love cabbage just boiled and drained with a bit of salt and pepper but there are many other wonderful ways to eat it. It's also quite good for you. It is a great source of vitamin C and fiber. Cabbage also has decent amounts of calcium, protein, vitamin A, and Iron. It is very low in fat too so if you are watching your waistline it won't hurt. I love cabbage and I want you to love it too, so here are a few recipes for you to try.

Easy Corned Beef And Cabbage
Sauteed Cabbage
Creamy Coleslaw
Oil And Vinegar Coleslaw
Un-Stuffed Cabbage Soup
Stuffed Cabbage

I hope you get much joy out of the cheap wonderful cabbage available this St. Patrick's day, I sure plan on it.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Being Irish, my dad made Corn Beef and Cabbage every year! My hubby doesn't like it, so I buy the corn beef and make it when he's not going to be here to eat lol.. Corn Beef is cheaper this time of year too and freezes well.

    ReplyDelete