Community Food Network Meeting
As you know the Community Food Network no longer has a coordinator! Billie Patterson has been directed elsewhere as she serves her 2nd year as AmeriCorps VISTA at United Way Montcalm-Ionia Counties. Billie is available to assist you with questions, but not able to act as coordinator for this group. Penny Beeman has left the world of nonprofits with another job taking her out of the county 50+ hours each week. Penny is also available to assist with questions on a limited schedule. The best way to reach either of these past coordinators is via email to email@example.com as both people continue to monitor the email and one of us will respond to you as soon as we are able.
Gardens & Pantry Committee:
Awareness & Resource Committee:
- Many gardens and pantries continued to serve their community in 2014 despite the limited coordination with the Community Food Network.
- We do not have any meetings set up for 2015, and without a volunteer coordinator, monthly meetings are next to impossible. However if others are interested in participating a semi-annual meeting might be possible. Please let us know if you are interested in a Spring Meeting!
- The website at IoniaHost.com is no longer active, please remove any links you may have from other websites.
- The Community Food Network Blog Site is updated with new pages to register your 2015 Community Garden and your Plant A Row Garden.
- The Community Food Network Facebook Group is also active and may be the best place to post questions about gardening for group members to share their knowledge.
- The Ionia County ISD has the Outdoor Learning Lab available at H.O. Steele Education Center if you need an outdoor space to teach garden lessons or hold other outdoor activities. Contact Deb Wagner at firstname.lastname@example.org if you would like to use this space.
- The Community Food Network is on many state email lists, receiving emails daily. When information about a conference or other educational opportunity becomes available, info will be posted the CFN Blog.
- United Way Montcalm-Ionia Counties does still have some hand tools available for new gardens or to replace broken tools at existing gardens. Please contact email@example.com to request these.
- MSU Extension also has some supplies in the storage shed. We need a volunteer to go out to the shed and inventory what is there so we can make it available to gardens.
- The Do-It-Center of Ionia has again donated a bag full of seeds for local community gardens. If you would like to pick up some seeds, please contact Penny for details.
If your garden or pantry is hosting a special event this year, please email pictures, flyers, and info to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will get them uploaded to the blog as quickly as possible. Thank you for being a part of the Community Food Network!